Crown Hotels Melbourne Guest Safety
Crown Melbourne’s priority remains keeping our guests, our employees and the community safe.
A COVIDSafe Plan has been developed to support a safe reopening of the property for our guests and maintain a COVIDSafe workplace for our employees.
Crown continues to take advice and adhere to public health directions and recommendations in order to remain compliant throughout its operations considering the COVID Safe principles. These include:
- Physical Distancing
- Face Masks
- Hygiene and Enhanced Cleaning
- COVID-19 Response and Contact Tracing
- Indoor and Outdoor Spaces
Crown will monitor adherence to this plan and with new advice and recommendations, and where appropriate adjust this plan, ensuring Crown Melbourne provides a COVIDSafe environment for all who visit, work with and use our facilities.
Physical distancing requirements and capacity limitations on venues are in place to ensure all Victorian Government and health department directives. Awareness materials advising of the physical distancing requirements are displayed throughout the complex.
- Total occupancy of indoor spaces has been assessed and limited to the appropriate density quotient as advised by Department of Health and Human Services.
- Signage and guidance material, including floor markings, are displayed to assist in awareness and adherence to physical distancing protocols. Where appropriate, screens and barriers have been installed.
- Furniture, workstation layouts and configurations have been adjusted to meet these requirements.
- All employees are required to undertake COVID-19 training prior to returning to the workplace. This includes requirements for physical distancing and awareness of public health directions.
- A series of COVID-19 Safety Alerts have been developed which support the COVID-19 training and provide up to date information
From 11:59pm on 17 June 2021, as directed by the Victorian Government through the Department of Health and Human Services, the wearing of face masks is compulsory while indoors, unless eating or drinking.
Further, Crown Management has determined that there are no exemptions to this requirement.
Masks will be available for employees and patrons at identified locations including Crown Rewards Desks, Casino Entrances and at Tables Games (when operating).
Hygiene and Cleaning
- Enhanced cleaning protocols have been implemented at increased frequencies across all areas of the entertainment complex with an emphasis on high contact surfaces and frequently accessed areas or communal items such as lift buttons, escalator handrails and restroom facilities in accordance with SafeWork Australia guidelines.
- Cleaning logs have been implemented and are displayed in shared spaces.
- Hand sanitiser dispensers, touchless whenever possible, have been placed at key patron and employee entrances including car parks, restaurants and all back of house and high contact areas.
- An extensive awareness campaign has been implemented and is supported throughout the complex by providing hand sanitiser on all Table Games and throughout common areas within Gaming Machine locations, including guests being provided with stylus pens to support a touchless Gaming Machine experience.
COVID-19 Response and Contact Tracing
Crown has a dedicated COVID-19 Response team including COVID Marshals onsite during operating hours of the property. The COVID Response team shall ensure COVID-19 safety protocols have been implemented in accordance with health authorities and SafeWork Australia guidelines.
Crown has developed processes and specific actions in the event of a suspected/confirmed case of COVID-19. Employees are trained and shall undertake contact tracing, deep cleaning protocols and notification processes in accordance with the health authority requirements.
In order to comply with this, each guest of Crown will be required to provide their details via specific QR code technology to assist with rapid contact tracing if required.
Indoor and Outdoor Spaces
Where possible, outdoor food & beverage entertainment spaces have been developed to continue to provide additional service options to our guests.
To ensure the indoor environment continues to provide a safe environment for all, outside-air ventilation dampers have been further opened to optimize fresh air inside the building in an efficient and effective manner.
Specific COVID Arrangements as at 18/06/21 at 10am
- Invited members will be welcomed to return to the Mahogany and Teak Rooms from 10am-2am every day from Friday 18 June
- Electronic Gaming Machines will be operational with 1.5mtr distancing or every second machine available for play
- Electronic Gaming Machines will be subject to a maximum of 10 available machines per room
- Gaming Rooms will be subject to density quotient limitations of 1 person per 4sqm
The Casino may be accessed via the following entry points;
- Mahogany Room level 1
- Mahogany Lounge
- Atrium entrance
Food & Beverage:
- QR Code technology implemented at all restaurants
- Hand sanitiser will be available throughout all venues and restaurants
- Restaurants and bars off the gaming floor are open, please check the Crown Melbourne website for specific details and operating hours
- Restaurants and bars are subject to capacity limitations and density quotient of 1 person per 4sqm
- Inside seated service of 75 people only
- Outside seated service of 150 people only
- Food courts open with 1 person per 4 sqm density quotient, 75 people max seated capacity
- Nightclubs closed
- Palms closed
Hotels and Tenancies:
- Crown Towers (open), Crown Metropol (open), Crown Promenade (open)
- QR code technology implemented and required for all guests
- Random temperature scanning conducted on guests arrival
- All furniture throughout shared and communal areas has been adjusted to meet quotient numbers
- Crown Pools open with a maximum of 50 guests at any one time
- Crown Spa treatments available
- Hotel Gyms open with a maximum of 50 guests subject to 1 person per 4sqm