Crown Hotels Melbourne Guest Safety
Crown Melbourne’s priority remains keeping our guests, our employees and the community safe.
A COVIDSafe Plan has been developed to support a safe reopening of the property for our guests and maintain a COVIDSafe workplace for our employees.
Crown continues to take advice and adhere to public health directions and recommendations in order to remain compliant throughout its operations considering the COVID Safe principles. These include:
- Physical Distancing
- Face Masks
- Hygiene and Enhanced Cleaning
- COVID-19 Response and Contact Tracing
- Indoor and Outdoor Spaces
Crown will monitor adherence to this plan and with new advice and recommendations, and where required will be adjusted so as to ensure Crown Melbourne provides a COVIDSafe environment for all who visit, work with and use our facilities.
1. Physical Distancing
Physical distancing requirements and capacity limitations on venues are in place to ensure all Victorian Government and health department directives. Awareness materials advising of the physical distancing requirements are displayed throughout the complex.
- Total occupancy of indoor spaces has been assessed and limited to the appropriate density quotient as advised by Department of Health and Human Services.
- Signage and guidance material, including floor markings, are displayed to assist in awareness and adherence to physical distancing protocols. Where appropriate, screens and barriers have been installed.
- Furniture, workstation layouts and configurations have been adjusted to meet these requirements
- All employees are required to undertake COVID-19 training prior to returning to the workplace.This includes requirements for physical distancing and awareness of public health directions.
- A series of COVID-19 Safety Alerts have been developed which support the COVID-19 training and provide up to date information e.g. carpooling, face masks and personal hygiene etc.
2. Face Masks
In line with Victorian Government restrictions, the wearing of face masks is no longer mandatory in all public indoor settings.
At Crown, patrons are not required to wear a face mask while inside the property. However, due to physical distancing requirements patrons will be required to wear a face mask whilst playing on a Table Game (there are no exceptions to wearing a mask). Masks will be available to patrons at Crown Rewards Desks and at Tables Games.
All Crown employees will continue to wear face masks when in front of house areas.
3. Hygiene and Cleaning
- Enhanced cleaning protocols have been implemented at increased frequencies across all areas of the entertainment complex with an emphasis on high contact surfaces and frequently accessed areas or communal items such as lift buttons, escalator handrails and restroom facilities in accordance with SafeWork Australia guidelines.
- Cleaning logs have been implemented and are displayed in shared spaces.
- Hand sanitiser dispensers, touchless whenever possible, have been placed at key patron and employee entrances including car parks, restaurants and all back of house and high contact areas.
- An extensive awareness campaign has been implemented and is supported throughout the complex by providing hand sanitiser on all Table Games and throughout common areas within Gaming Machine locations, including guests being provided with stylus pens to support a touchless Gaming Machine experience.
4. COVID-19 Response and Contact Tracing
Crown has a dedicated COVID-19 Response team including COVID Marshals onsite during operating hours of the property. The COVID Response team shall ensure COVID-19 safety protocols have been implemented in accordance with health authorities and SafeWork Australia guidelines.
Crown has developed processes and specific actions in the event of a suspected/confirmed case of COVID-19. Employees are trained and shall undertake contact tracing, deep cleaning protocols and notification processes in accordance with the health authority requirements.
In order to comply with this, each guest of Crown will be required to provide their details via specific QR code technology to assist with rapid contact tracing if required and will be subject to non-evasive temperature checks utilising thermal cameras/hand held scanners at entry points.
5. Indoor and Outdoor Spaces
Where possible, outdoor food & beverage entertainment spaces have been developed to continue to provide additional service options to our guests.
To ensure the indoor environment continues to provide a safe environment for all, outside-air ventilation dampers have been further opened to optimize fresh air inside the building in an efficient and effective manner.
Specific COVID Arrangements as at 09/12/2020
- 24/7 trading in line with expected demand.
- Only alternate Electronic Gaming Machines and Electronic Table Games will be operational. Live Table Games will be spaced to ensure there is 1.5m between active Tables and customer limits will apply at each table.
- The density quotient for the casino is 50% of the maximum capacity for the facility stated in the occupancy permit and 1 person per 4sqm.
- Smoking will be permitted in outside areas only.
The Casino may be accessed via the following entry points:
- Mahogany Room level 1;
- Mahogany Lounge;
- Atrium entrance;
- West End Clarendon Street;
- West End Level 1;
- Promenade air bridge; and
- Food Court entrance
Food & Beverage:
- QR Code technology is in place at all restaurants.
- Hand sanitisers will be available throughout all venues and restaurants.
- Guests are permitted within our venues outside of the casino gaming area at 1 per 2sqm. Stand up service will be provided where appropriate.
- The majority of venues are operating – check website for further details.
- Food courts limited to 1guest per 2sqm.
- Nightclubs remain closed- check website for updates.
Hotels and Tenancies:
- Crown Towers (open), Crown Metropol (open), Crown Promenade (open).
- Hotel guests will undergo random temperature checks upon entry.
- Hotel lifts will be signed to specify maximum capacity per lift.
- All furniture throughout shared and communal areas has been adjusted to meet quotient numbers.
- Hotel Gyms will re-open with increased cleaning and sanitising of equipment.