Crown Hotels Melbourne Guest Safety
Crown Melbourne’s priority remains keeping our guests, our employees and the community safe.
A COVIDSafe Plan has been developed to support a safe reopening of the property for our guests and maintain a COVIDSafe workplace for our employees.
Crown continues to take advice and adhere to public health directions and recommendations in order to remain compliant throughout its operations considering the COVID Safe principles. These include:
- Physical Distancing
- Face Masks
- Hygiene and Enhanced Cleaning
- COVID-19 Response and Contact Tracing
- Indoor and Outdoor Spaces
Crown will monitor adherence to this plan and with new advice and recommendations, and where appropriate adjust this plan, ensuring
Crown Melbourne provides a COVIDSafe environment for all who visit, work with and use our facilities.
Physical distancing requirements and capacity limitations on venues are in place to ensure all Victorian Government and health department directives. Awareness materials advising of the physical distancing requirements are displayed throughout the complex.
- Total occupancy of indoor spaces has been assessed and limited to the appropriate density quotient as advised by Department of Health and Human Services.
- Signage and guidance material, including floor markings, are displayed to assist in awareness and adherence to physical distancing protocols. Where appropriate, screens and barriers have been installed.
- Furniture, workstation layouts and configurations have been adjusted to meet these requirements.
- All employees are required to undertake COVID-19 training prior to returning to the workplace. This includes requirements for physical distancing and awareness of public health directions.
- A series of COVID-19 Safety Alerts have been developed which support the COVID-19 training and provide up to date information
As recently directed by the Victorian Government through the Department of Health and Human Services, patrons and employees at Crown are not required to wear a face mask whilst inside the property, however may do so if they choose and it is recommended that a face masks should be carried at all times.
Masks will continue to be available for employees and patrons at identified locations including Crown Rewards Desks, Casino Entrances and at Tables Games.
Hygiene and Cleaning
- Enhanced cleaning protocols have been implemented at increased frequencies across all areas of the entertainment complex with an emphasis on high contact surfaces and frequently accessed areas or communal items such as lift buttons, escalator handrails and restroom facilities in accordance with SafeWork Australia guidelines.
- Cleaning logs have been implemented and are displayed in shared spaces.
- Hand sanitiser dispensers, touchless whenever possible, have been placed at key patron and employee entrances including car parks, restaurants and all back of house and high contact areas.
- An extensive awareness campaign has been implemented and is supported throughout the complex by providing hand sanitiser on all Table Games and throughout common areas within Gaming Machine locations, including guests being provided with stylus pens to support a touchless Gaming Machine experience.
COVID-19 Response and Contact Tracing
Crown has a dedicated COVID-19 Response team including COVID Marshals onsite during operating hours of the property. The COVID Response team shall ensure COVID-19 safety protocols have been implemented in accordance with health authorities and SafeWork Australia guidelines.
Crown has developed processes and specific actions in the event of a suspected/confirmed case of COVID-19. Employees are trained and shall undertake contact tracing, deep cleaning protocols and notification processes in accordance with the health authority requirements.
In order to comply with this, each guest of Crown will be required to provide their details via specific QR code technology to assist with rapid contact tracing if required and will be subject to non-evasive temperature checks utilising thermal cameras/hand held scanners at entry points.
Indoor and Outdoor Spaces
Where possible, outdoor food & beverage entertainment spaces have been developed to continue to provide additional service options to our guests.
To ensure the indoor environment continues to provide a safe environment for all, outside-air ventilation dampers have been further opened to optimize fresh air inside the building in an efficient and effective manner.
Specific COVID Arrangements as at 09/04/21
- 24/7 trading in line with expected demand.
- All Gaming Machines and Electronic Table Games will be operational.
- On Live Table Games, customer limits shall apply at each table.
- The density quotient for each area will be on a 1per 2sqm basis with capacity limits detailed on entry to venue.
- Smoking will be permitted in identified inside and outside areas only.
The Casino may be accessed via the following entry points;
- Mahogany Room level 1
- Mahogany Lounge
- Atrium entrance
- Clarendon street
- West End Level 1
- Vegas entrance
- Baci, and
- Food Court entrance
Food & Beverage:
- QR Code technology implemented at all restaurants.
- Hand sanitisers will be available throughout all venues and restaurants.
- Guests are permitted within our venues on a 1per 2sqm basis. Stand up service will be provided where appropriate.
- Gaming floor restaurants and bars have resumed normal operations. For specific times, venue and restaurant information, please refer to the Crown website
- Food courts limited on a 1 per 2sqm basis.
- Nightclubs open- For specific times and venue and information, please refer to the Crown website
Hotels and Tenancies:
- Crown Towers (open), Crown Metropol (open), Crown Promenade (open).
- Hotel guests will undergo random temperature checks upon entry.
- Crown Pools will accommodate guests on a 1per 2sqm basis.
- All furniture throughout shared and communal areas has been adjusted to meet quotient numbers.
- Hotel Gyms open with increased cleaning and sanitising of equipment.