Between kids, work, appointments, exercise and having some semblance of a social life, you’re flat chat and probably don’t have much time to relax.
Someone who knows all about this is Sohal Shah, a visiting practitioner joining us in Melbourne who specialises in a unique blend of Naturopathy, dry needling and yoga therapy designed to help you rest, restore and indulge in the ultimate self-care. Having worked with international health resorts like Six Senses and Anantara, we’re thrilled to have him here with us at Crown Spa.
Shah graduated from the SDM College of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences in India, and studied Acupuncture at the Hanoi Hospital of Traditional Medicine in Vietnam before landing in Melbourne.
Taking a multidimensional approach to treating ailments from aches, pains and migraine to insomnia, obesity, sinusitis and other lifestyle disorders, it’s Shah’s inspired approach to holistic wellness we’re excited about.
“Healing and focusing on channelling the body’s vital energy, known as ‘chi’, through different meridians, helps the body to heal by itself. It’s amazing to work on different points in the body and see the quick results without using any form of medication,” he says.
Whether you’re in need of pain relief, would like to learn breathing techniques or want help to get a better night’s sleep, Shah can work his magic so you feel the benefits.
“Our bodies have an innate ability to heal by themselves, all we need to do is create the right kind of environment in order to boost our healing capabilities.”
Why not try
• Personalised hatha yoga and yoga therapy, focusing on the mind-body connection, encouraging alignment and calming of the mind through meditative practices
• A detox and cleanse of the digestive system with a natural and non-invasive Laghoo Shankha Prakshalana, a detoxification method that focuses on perfecting five specific yoga postures and drinking six to eight glasses of lightly salted water during the treatment
• Pranayama breathing techniques to help you breathe more efficiently, relieve anxiety and bring a sense of balance and awareness to your mind and body
• Sleep meditation which uses a guided meditation and different visualisation techniques to encourage awareness and relax the conscious mind
• Personalised pain relief, combining dry needling, acu-meridian massage (which works on the energy channels that interconnect the 12 major meridians in the body). The treatment also uses cupping and therapeutic herbal ultrasound to remove tension and pain
Shah is currently available for private consultations at Crown Spa Melbourne to help you begin your journey towards greater wellbeing and relaxation.
To find out more get in touch with the team on 03 9292-6182 or learn more about Shah's treatments here.