Forbes Perth Competition Terms and Conditions
SECTION 1: PROMOTION
1. Promotion: Chance to win a Crown Towers Perth Experience
2. Promoter: Burswood Nominees Limited ABN 24 078 250 307 as trustee for The Burswood Property Trust ABN 35 491 489 282 trading as Crown Perth, Great Eastern Highway Burswood, Western Australia 6100.
3. Promotion Period: The Promotion will commence at 7.00pm on Wednesday, 17 February 2021 and will close at 11.00pm Sunday, 21 February 2021. All times recorded throughout these Terms and Conditions are in Australian Western Standard Time.
SECTION 2: ELIGIBILITY
4. Eligibility: To be eligible to enter the Promotion, the Entrants must:
a. be 18 years of age or older;
b. follow the Crown Towers Perth Facebook page;
c. have a valid Facebook account; and
d. be a resident of Western Australia.
5. Non-Eligibility: In addition to the criteria for being eligible, persons are not eligible to enter the Promotion or win any Prize if:
a. they are ineligible under Crown Resorts Limited’s Gambling by Employees Policy;
b. they are a spouse, partner, sibling, parent or child of an Executive team member of Crown Perth; or
c. they are excluded for any reason from the property of the Promoter.
SECTION 3: ENTRY TO THE PROMOTION
6. Entry: To enter, eligible Entrants must visit the Crown Towers Perth Facebook page during the Promotion Period and comment in 25 words or less on a time at Crown Towers Perth where our team went above all else for you. The comment must be in the comments section of the below post on the Crown Towers Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/crowntowersperth/).
To celebrate our second year receiving the prestigious Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star award, we’re giving you the opportunity to experience an overnight stay in a Premier Club Suite, Crystal Club access for two, valet parking, two 60 minute Relaxation massages at Crown Spa and two luxurious bathrobes.
A maximum of one (1) entry into the Promotion is permitted per eligible Entrant. No other method of entry will be accepted.
SECTION 4: SELECTION
The selection of the winner of the Promotion will be determined from the entire pool of valid entries received during the Promotion Period and will take place at 11.00am AEST Monday 22 February 2021 at Crown Melbourne Hotels Marketing offices, a representative of the Promoter will select one (1) entrant as the Prize Winner, who must claim their prize in accordance with Term 11.
At 5pm on Tuesday, 4 June 2019 in Crown Perth Administration offices, a representative of the Promoter will select one (1) entrant as the Prize Winner, who must claim their prize in accordance with Term 11. This Competition is a game of skill; chance plays no part in determining the winner. A valid entry will be individually judged (by a Crown representative) based on originality and creativity. The judge’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. Prize Winner: The Prize(s) described below in Section 5 will be awarded to the one (1) Prize Winner who has claimed their Prize in accordance with Term 11.
SECTION 5: PRIZE
9. Prize: The Prize is comprised of:
As overnight stay in a Premier Club Suite at Crown Towers Perth, Crystal Club access for two people, valet parking for one vehicle, one (1) 60 minute Relaxation massage at Crown Spa for two people and two Crown Towers bathrobes.
The total Prize value is $3,364.40.
10. Prize Conditions: The Prize(s) are subject to the following conditions:
a. No sale, transfer or exchange of Prize: The Prize(s) is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged or redeemed for cash, or resold (at a premium or otherwise) or advertised or offered for resale on the internet or in any other medium. If for any reason, a Prize Winner cannot take any component of the Prize(s), then the Prize will be forfeited. b. Ancillary Costs: Subject to any provision to the contrary, and if applicable, all transport, meals, beverages, spending money, mini-bar charges, room service, insurances, service charges, taxes, transfers and ancillary costs, including cost of travel to and from Crown Towers Perth are not included in a Prize unless specified and are the responsibility of the Prize Winner.
c. Taxes: If a Prize(s) or receipt of it incurs a tax liability, the Prize Winner is liable for payment of such tax.
d. Prize Terms: Subject to any provision to the contrary, and if applicable, all components of the Prize(s), including accommodation are subject to availability and any separate and individual terms and conditions applicable to that Prize (including gift card expiry date), some of which may not be within the control of the Promoter. In the event that any component of a Prize is unavailable for any reason, subject to State legislation, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute that Prize component with another prize of equal value and the Prize Winner will be notified accordingly.
e. Terms of Entry to Crown Perth: Entry to Crown Perth to collect and redeem the Prize is subject to the Terms of Entry for Crown Perth which can be found at www.crownperth.com.au, which apply to the Prize Winners and any guests of the Prize Winners who accompany them. In addition, If you or anyone you are travelling with (i) feels unwell or is experiencing symptoms such as a cough, fatigue, headaches or fever, (ii) has been in close contact with a confirmed case or has been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 14 days, (iii) are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test, (iv) or is subject to a government direction to self-isolate we kindly ask that you reschedule your stay until after you have medical clearance. Mandatory contact registration is in place at Crown Perth. Guests must register their details using the SafeWA app prior to entering relevant venues, such as Crown Promenade Perth. Face coverings are mandatory at Crown Perth in accordance with State government directions.
f. The Crown Gifts Card is subject to separate terms and conditions which can be found at www.crowngifts.com.au.
11. Contact and Claim of Prize: The Prize Winner will be contacted by the Promoter via a comment and then a direct message on their Facebook account and notified that they are the Prize Winner. The Prize Winner must reply to the Promoter’s direct message within three (3) business days and must provide full name, phone number and address. The Prize will be in the form of a Crown Gifts gift card and a two bathrobes which will be sent to the Prize Winner’s physical address (not PO Box). A representative of the Promoter will contact the Prize Winner and assist with making the hotel and spa booking for the Prize Winner and their guest.
12. In the event that the Prize Winner does not comply with this clause 11 by providing the requested details within 3 business days of being notified by the Promoter, the Prize Winner forfeits its right to the Prize.
13. Re-draw: The Promoter reserves the right to reselect a new winner, in accordance with the terms and conditions of the original selection, in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions or forfeiting their right to the Prize. If the Promoter is unable to contact the Prize Winner by Friday 5 March 2021 or the Prize Winner does not comply with these terms and conditions, a re-draw will be conducted on Monday 8 March 2021in accordance with these terms and conditions. If the re-draw winner has not claimed their prize or complied with these terms and conditions by 5.00pm on Wednesday 17 March 2021, the Prize is deemed forfeited.
14. Winner Publicity: The Promoter reserves the right and licence to use Prize Winner’s name, suburbs, photographs, images and likeness for the purpose of promoting and advertising Crown Perth unless a written request for anonymity is received from the Prize Winner. The Prize Winner’s initial and surname and suburb will be published on the Promoter’s website on Thursday, 25 February 2021 for 28 days.
SECTION 6: GENERAL CONDITIONS
15. Lost, Delayed Communication: The Promoter will not be responsible for any delayed, lost or misdirected mail or any other communication, including any electronic communication.
16. Release: To the fullest extent permissible by law, each entrant in the Promotion including without limitation the Prize Winner and any other person partaking in any component of the Prize, releases and indemnifies the Promoter from any claim, loss, damage, injury, expense, cost or charge sustained or in any way incurred in connection with the Prize or Promotion or their participation in the Prize or Promotion. The Promoter, its related bodies corporate, their officers, employees and agents will not be liable for any loss, damage or personal injury whatsoever (including but not limited to direct, indirect, consequential and economic loss) suffered or sustained in connection with this Promotion, the promotion of this Promotion, or the use of any Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Further, to the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter excludes liability for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website, or any unauthorised intervention, or any combination thereof, including any non-delivery or corruption of entries to the Promoter, injury or damage to participants' or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in or down-loading any materials in this Promotion. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid. The Promoter’s responsibility for the provision of prizes is limited to the prizes as described in these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter accepts no further liability or commitment beyond those stated and is not liable for any failure of the Promoter’s agents or contactors to supply the prizes as stated. All times are best estimates only and the Promoter does not guarantee that events will take place exactly at the times stated. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated, with Facebook. By participating in this promotion you release Facebook from any liability.
17. Force Majeure: The Promoter will not be responsible for any forces of nature, acts of God, war (declared or undeclared), riot, explosion, acts of terrorism, labour or industrial dispute including strike, action or inaction of Government, forced or Government imposed closure of the venue or cessation of or interruption to trade and any other acts which are not reasonably within the control of the Promoter which may affect the Promotion. If one or more of these acts occur, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel the Promotion, defer the Promotion to a different date, or change these Terms and Conditions. Any change to the Promotion in these circumstances will be communicated to eligible Entrants as soon as practicable.
18. Disputes: In the event of a dispute, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. Alteration of Terms and Conditions: Subject to approval being granted under Condition 13 of the general conditions attaching to Trade Promotion Lotteries issued by the Gaming and Wagering Commission of Western Australia, the Promoter reserves the right to alter these Terms and Conditions to address any misinterpretation, misinformation or misunderstanding that may arise in the application of these Terms and Conditions, as is permitted by law. The Promoter’s decision will be final.
21. Acceptance of Terms and Conditions: Participation in the competition constitutes an acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
22. Disqualification: Any failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions may result in immediate disqualification of an entrant or the Prize Winner. Disqualification will be at the Promoter’s sole discretion and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter will remove any posts that include swearing, derogatory or racist commentary, inflammatory commentary, offensive imagery, imagery or commentary displaying alcohol abuse, imagery including nudity and/or unauthorised commercial communications such as spam.
23. Cancellation of the Promotion: The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the Promotion at any time prior to the commencement of the Promotion Period for any reason whatsoever.