Crown Spa Physical Distancing and Hygiene Program
The health and safety of our employees and patrons is our priority. With this in mind, Crown has developed a number of extraordinary measures to support a COVID-19 safe workplace and environment for employees and patrons:
Guests and employees will be required to adhere to appropriate Physical distancing measures. Restaurant tables, bars and other physical layouts (including work spaces) will be arranged to ensure appropriate distancing. All hotels and food and beverage outlets will comply with, or go beyond, government mandated occupancy limits. Areas where employees or patrons are required to queue will be clearly marked for appropriate physical distancing.
Enhanced cleaning protocols will be implemented at increased frequencies across all areas of the complex with an emphasis on high contact surfaces and frequently used areas.
Crown recognises that frequent hand hygiene is one of the most effective ways to prevent infection with COVID-19. Employees will be educated as to appropriate hand hygiene practices. Hand sanitiser dispensers, touchless whenever possible, will be placed at key guest and employee entrances and contact areas. It will be mandatory for patrons to use hand sanitiser when approaching hotel reception desks.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
PPE, including masks and gloves, will be made available to staff. Training will be provided on appropriate use and disposal. In certain parts of the hotel, the wearing of adequate PPE by employees will be mandatory.
The Guest Journey
Prior to Arrival
Crown’s hygiene and Physical distancing protocols will be prominently displayed on Crown’s websites and in its mobile application. Reservations agent will check with guests on whether they have experienced any flu like symptoms within the last 14 days
Guests will be greeted at Reception and asked to use hand sanitiser. Masks will be made available to guests should they require. Appropriate signage will also be prominently displayed outlining proper PPE usage and current physical distancing practices in use throughout the spa.
Crown Spa will introduce appropriate physical distancing measures that will meet or exceed state and local health authority guidelines.
- Indoor Occupancy Limits: Total occupancy of indoor spaces will be limited to any appropriate density quotient as advised by local health authorities.
- Queuing: Any area where guests or employees queue will be clearly marked for appropriate physical distancing. This includes the main reception areas.
- Change Rooms and Wet Areas: Aqua Retreat seating areas will be configured to allow for at least 1.5 metres of separation between guests. Total guest numbers within the change rooms and wet areas will capped based on one person per 4 square metres with guest head counts recorded.
- Pools: Pool seating will be configured to allow for at least 1.5 metres of separation between groups of guests. Reception terminals will be spaced over 1.5m apart. Towels will be provided at pool reception.
- Gym: Equipment that is lined up side by side such as treadmills and bikes will have every other unit switched off. Water coolers will be replaced with single use bottles. Towels will be available from Reception staff.
Cleaning Products and Protocols
Crown Spa will introduce comprehensive cleaning protocols. Cleaning and sanitisation will be conducted in accordance with government or health authority recommendations and guidelines.
Public Spaces and Communal Areas
The frequency of cleaning and sanitising will be increased in all public spaces with an emphasis on high-touch and frequently used areas
Industry leading cleaning and sanitising protocols are used to clean treatment rooms, with particular attention paid to high-touch items and all equipment used in treatment delivery.
Industry leading cleaning and sanitising protocols are used to clean hair salons, Equipment sterilisers also available for all treatment service equipment i.e. scissors, manicure implements
All linen, towelling and laundry will be changed after each treatment and continue to be washed at a high temperature and in accordance with health authority guidelines.
Room Recovery Protocol
In the event of presumptive case of COVID-19 the treatment room will be removed from service and quarantined. The treatment room will not be returned to service for at least 48 hours and until case has been confirmed or cleared. In the event of a positive case, the treatment room will only be returned to service after undergoing an enhanced sanitisation protocol by a licensed third-party expert and approved by local health authorities.